Thursday, February 2, 2012

Time for another product review....

Hello...

Long time no chat.  My apologies. 

I have some new (to me) products to tell y'all about.  I spend a lot (like a WHOLE lot) of time researching make-up, make-up artist, watching You Tube videos from make-up artist, and I follow a lot of make-up blogs.  We all know I love me some Kandee Johnson...  I learn a lot about make-up from all of these people, which I in turn, like to share with you.  One of the most important things that I have learned is that some of the most successful artist don't always use the most expensive products.  Being what I like to refer to as "checking account challenged" like I am, I love this!   And I love stumbling across awesome budget friendly finds!  Here are some of the newer things that I have found and love...

The budget friendly...

1.  NYX Cosmetics:  I have had so many people suggest NYX products lately.  KJ, my favorite guy that works at Sephora, etc, so I was anxious to give them a try.  I just happened to need some help with eye brow defining when I ran across this little set up...


This is seriously awesome.  Comes in every imagineable color combo, includes two different colored shadows and setting gel, and two brushes, one for the powder, one for the gel.  Its tiny, self-contained, and perfect.  Seriously one of the best brow products I have tried.  Annnnnnd.....it was $3.99.   You.  Are.  Welcome.

*Side Note:  My Sephora buy swears by their powder for photo make-up.  BTW...Mac make-up is not photo friendly.  We've all seen the pics of the girls with the flourescent white face.  No you are not crazy, your make-up doesn't look like that in real life, some just have crazy pigments that don't react well with a camera flash.  Unfortunately, our beloved Studio Fix is one of them.

2.  Loreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes:  Y'all know I am always searching for perfect mascaras. This was another suggestion from Miss KJ.  KJ swears by Loreal for a drug store brand.  And we all know how I feel about Loreal Double Extend.  But this one comes in a close second.  It doesn't give quite as much length, but is a little quicker and easier to use, without the primer.  The brush is great too, for reaching all of your lashes.  And it gives a lot of volume.  Don't get me wrong, it is very lengthening, and it smells good.  Weird, I know, but it does.  And $7-$8.  Again, you are welcome.




3.  Elf Tinted Moisturizer:  I have been looking for a good tinted moisturizer for years (it seems like).  But I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it because its something I would only use once or twice a week maybel  In the winter, at least.  In the summer I use it everyday, so I don't mind spending a little more.  Nars has a great one, and of course my favorite, Laura Mercier.  These are my go-to's in the summer, but like I said, I was searching for a cheaper alternative for winter.  If you don't already know Elf, let me introduce you.  This brand isn't your cheap fall back for everything, but what they do well, they do great!  Brushes, check!  And tinted moisturizer, check check!  And ladies, its $3...


Thats all I have for now.  I hope you like these products as much as I do.  If you try them, let me know what you think.  And if you have tried a budget friendly product that you like, please, by all means, share the wealth!!  

Happy face painting Thursday :)

1 comment:

Kelli Herrington said...

I am a new follower and I am glad I came across your blog. I love Laura Mercier tinted moisterizer but hated the price. I like ELF lipgloss and will have to try their tinted goods. I did a products review last week. I love trying new things.