Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wait...How old am I?

If you know me and my shenanigans lately, you probably think that is why I am asking myself this question, but its not....

The sad truth is my birthday is this weekend and I am having a really hard time coming to terms with the fact that I am about to start the very last year of my twenties.  That's right folks, this little lady is about to turn twenty-nine years old!  I really have to keep reminding myself, because I really do not feel like this could be possible.  What happened to my twenties???  

I have a tendency to experience a little bit of the birthday dread.  But this one is really getting to me.  After 21, all a birthday is good for is reminding you that you have not accomplished any of the things you promised yourself in your teenage years.  Remember how old 25 seemed when you were 16?  I honestly thought I would have my entire life decided and settled by then.  Now I look back at 25 and think 'geez, I was just a baby.'

I believe this twenty-nine ( I keep typing it out instead of using numbers cuz the numbers just look so harsh and so much uglier) year old birthday has brought out a little rebellious side in me.  Hence the aforementioned shenanigans.  I won't go in to detail, but today my older sister threatened me with "I'm gonna tell Dad" and I was legit scared.  Clearly I have some issues.  Now let's not get carried away, I'm not renting rooms by the hour or drinking myself in to oblivion or anything like that!   Let's just say I may be deviating from my 'life plan' just a tad.  And by deviating I mean, moving in reverse.   The scariest part is that I am kind of okay with it.  I am torn between this desperate need to hurry up and catch up to where I think I should be and completely digressing back to my early college days.  Oh well, at this point all we can do is hope it is just a short lived phase, right?  I'm sure it will be.  Yep, I'm sure.

In honor of my twenties coming to an end....

How about a little photo montage dedicated to this decade in my life??

 This could get scary...

You have been warned...




















3 comments:

Caroline said...

Hhahahaha I love this :) My older bro threatened me with an "im gonna tell dad" recently, and i was also legit scared. Also- thanks for your sweet shout out! xoxo

Laura said...

omg, your litle pooch is super cute :) and who cares what age you are... you can still have all the fun and craziness you want :)

Brooke said...

Ahhhhhh! I am TOTALLY feeling the same way! And a little sad that it is not appropriate to celebrate birthday week anymore with many nights at Two Keys and crazy Brooke night dances! I hope you have a fabulous birthday though!!!