Monday, November 14, 2011

Why I Love My Sister...

(Well, other than the obvious "because she is my sister" reason, of course)

So, let me just admit to y'all, if you haven't figured it out already, I'm crazy.  I over analyze everything and can't make a decision to save my life.  Its just me, its who I am.  Deal with it.  I have come to terms with it and I've accepted that about myself.  The problem is, I know this craziness does not only affect me.  And Lord knows no one on earth has to deal with me more than this lady:


Yep, that is my beautiful sister. 

Let me go ahead and address all of the obvious questions that I know most of you are asking right now...
Yes, I know we don't look anything alike.
Yes, we came from the same parents.
No, we are not the same age.  She is (believe it or not) 9 years older than me.  This makes it extra special when we are together and she gets carded to buy adult bevvies and I do not.  That is SO not okay.  I still try to brush this off by saying that this is merely because she is fun-sized (5'1"ish) and I am not so fun-sized (5'5"ish).  Just go with it.

So back to all of the reasons why I love her...

1.  She ALWAYS answers her phone...
-Okay so maybe not always but most of the time.  This is especially important because I call her obsessively throughout the day.  We have a rule that if we call once and there is no answer then we call a second time only in case of an emergency, so that the other knows they have to answer.  We came up with this rule because both of us really like to sleep and do not like to be woken up so this way if we are sleeping we don't have to answer unless there is a second call.  Great rule right?  Yes, except that I use the second call method at least twice a day.  Hey, I have a lot of what I think are emergencies.

2.  She lets me vent...
-....and complain and bitch and moan and all of those things.  And she does it all with little to no complaining.  

3.  She always gives good advice...
-Even if I don't always take it, and usually don't want to hear it.  She is usually right too.  That sucks.

4.  She is my favoritest wingman...
-This stems from her own selfish reasons of wanting me to have babies.  But regardless, she is always down to hunt out viable prospects at Keeneland with me.  She will even make sure to position us in close proximity to any one she sees as a good target.  And make sure we are there with a pen to lend when he needs it ;)

5.  And this is a big one....She gave me these...







How lucky am I??



In all seriousness, I really mean it when I say I don't know what I would do without her.  She keeps me sane.  We have VERY different personalities but somehow we balance each other out.  No one can get on my nerves quite like she can (and I know that is true for her too!), but there is no one I would rather have on my nerves.  I guess if you have to be stuck with someone for your entire life, I got pretty lucky.  

Thank you sister for always being there for me through all of my issues.  I really hope you know that I would do the same for you.  Just don't ask me to make any decisions.


1 comment:

Taryn said...

Love the new layout friend!!!