Tuesday, November 1, 2011

He was just tryin to get his hair did...

So today I am home taking a sick day.  Throat funk, etc...  So of course, I thought it the perfect time to update ya'll on whats been happening in my household the last few days.  

Pretty much my life has revolved around this little guy...


I know what you are thinking..."this is different from every other day, how?"  But for serious, he has been the center of attention all weekend.  On Friday he had an appointment to get groomed.  Homeboy needed it, bad.  He was looking like quite the scrub.  The groomer called to say they needed his updated rabies info, so I called the vet to get it emailed to me.  Of course, it expired last month, don't judge me.  And the groomer makes you wait 2 days after the vaccines, so we made the vet appointment and rescheduled the grooming appointment for Monday.....
 (at the vet...not a happy camper)

During the vet appointment Friday night the vet informs me that since Bentley is now 6, he really needed to get his teeth cleaned.  They have to be put to sleep for this.  I was so nervous because he has never had to go under anesthesia for anything before! I dropped him off Saturday morning and was a nervous wreck all day waiting for the call from the Vet.  But everything went smoothly, they said he actually had very pretty, healthy teeth and he would be ready to be picked up in an hour.  He was so pitiful when I got him.  Still very groggy and had the jello-necked-head-bob thing going.  He had a band-aid on his arm from the IV, which he of course milked for all it was worth.  I was mad because they didn't give him the the pink band-aid because he's not a girl.  Umm...so??  That didn't stop me with his pink collar.  Oh well.  
 (On our way home, notice the lame blue and white band-aid...)

All was well until a few hours after we got home and little man had some constipation issues.  He is so embarrassed that I am sharing this with you all.  I will spare you the details of the multiple baths that had to be given Saturday night, but I'm sure you get the idea.  I will say that all of this made for a very cuddly, loveable little boy that slept with me all night and I must say....I kind of enjoyed that part.
I am sure it goes without saying that he was a little less than thrilled with be dropped off again for his grooming appointment yesterday.  I was a little less than thrilled when I picked up my ridiculous looking dog.  They shaved his whole body and left him with a bushy tail and long ears.  Seriously?  What about this seemed like a good idea.  He looked like a squirrel and he HATES squirrels.
 (This is after I "fixed" it a little bit...poor baby boy; .finally got the hair cut that started everything.)

So there were no cute costumes or Halloween parties for me this weekend.  But I didn't miss it at all.  I'll take a lazy weekend at home with my boogie butt any time :)  True sign that I am getting old...

No comments: