Monday, April 11, 2011

Come Monday...

...actually no, Monday can go.

I honestly think I go through a period of mourning every Sunday night.  Obviously because I'm sad the weekend is over but for other reasons too.  For one, it means it is time to go back to work.  We all know how I feel about my job so this is clearly not something I get excited about.  It also comes with the nervous "what drama am I going to walk in to today?" feeling.  Plus, I actually work all day on Monday so I spend most of Sunday night dreading the eight hour shift ahead of me.  Good news is, its all downhill after Monday!  The rest of the week I go back to my part time (apparently I am in high school and this is my after school job???) work schedule.  Oh my word how I envy people who enjoy their jobs.  One day that will be me!  I can't wait :)

The plus side....I had a really great weekend.  Lazy Friday night, which is always nice.  On Saturday, I had a nice dinner with Miranda and Taryn and Keith.  We went to Merrick and sat on the patio and it was great.  I love being able to sit on a patio and have dinner and wine with friends.  Whether it is a restaurant patio or just at one of our houses, I just love to be outside. 

(Taryn and I at Merrick)

After that we went to Harry's and had a couple drinks, but it was an early night.  Sunday afternoon Miranda and her parents came over and we did all kinds of landscaping work.  It looks so nice now!  I cant wait until the plants and flowers grow and start to fill in a little more.  Last night, before it got dark we took Bentley to Jacobson park and walked about 2 miles.  He loved it, but he was SO tired last night.  He passed out as soon as we got home and slept until about 9 this morning.  I had to wake him up to go out and that never happens.  He's a little bit of a fatty and needs the exercise.  We will be doing this more often!

(Bentley at the park)

Last night was the premier of Khloe and Lamar. 

I absolutely love the Kardashians, so I have been really excited about this. So I am not surprised that it is now another one of my must see TV shows. I like Khloe and Lamar together.  I admit, I was a skeptic at first.  Come on, met and married within a month??!!  But I really think they are good together and will make it.  I say this about every Hollywood couple and then I am legit crushed when the relationship doesn't  last.  Reese and Jake almost made me lose faith in relationships all together.  Sigh. 

In other news....

I have a visitor coming this weekend.  Last year, I met a guy from Boston while he was here in Lexington.  We hit it off immediately and made it a point to keep in touch.  Things were good at first, and it was fun and exciting.  We talked pretty much nonstop all day, everyday, for the first few months and I made a few trips to Boston to visit him.  By the way, I looooove Boston.  It is such a fun town.  If you have never been, GO.  It does not disappoint.  But after a while the visits got more spread out and the reality of the "long distance" set in.  We still talk almost every day but I haven't seen him since July, so its just kinda weird.  I'm excited to see him, but not as excited as I feel like I should be.  I also think I may just be a little nervous that this visit will just start the whole cycle over, and I'm not sure I wanna go through it again.  I will say though, as it gets closer, I get more excited, so maybe by Thursday......??  I'll keep you all posted with any updates on that issue. 

Well, congrats everyone!  We made it through another Monday.  Have a great week!  I'm going to go continue stuffing my face with 'fun size' York peppermint patties until it is officially Tuesday.

No comments: