Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I've been saved by the grace of Southern charm....

Thats why its pretty important to me to remain classy...

Some people don't share these same priorities.  You know the background story...the "shutting off the ex-bf's cell phone story" .  You also know the  "ex-bf works with me and dates one of our members" story...
Well, apparently when I left work last night, new girlfriend called me a "stupid bitch" as I walked out, add this to all the bitchy facebook remarks and you get the full effect of the middle school, class-less girl I am dealing with.  I don't think I will ever get to a point in my life where I understand this level of trashy-ness. I work here people.  This is my place of employment.  If you can't feel comfortable at your job, that's not okay.  I really don't like spending my entire day at work worrying that I'm being talked about or made fun of the whole time.  I get that feeling in my stomach like I might throw up for hours before I walk in to work EVERY DAY.  I get so stressed about having to go there the next day that I get really bad knots in my back and neck that are so uncomfortable I can't sleep at night, and am constatly in pain.  To say that this job is not good for me emotionally is an understatement.  Its not good for my health either!   Don't get me wrong, I'm not a push over and I know how to stand up for myself, I'm just not a fighter.  I'm really trying to take the high road and I usually find that all the awesome comments and witty shit-talking that I come up with won't do the job near as well as silence does, so I avoid doing any of that.  When people are looking for a rise out of you, the best rataliation you have is silence.  Nothing irritates them more.  Insert Rev Run quote "When all else fails, smile.  It either warms their heart or pisses them off, either way, YOU WIN!"  Don't get me wrong I have come up with the best of the best in facebook statuses and comments and bitchy retorts that I could have said.  Also thought of putting every word of Miranda Lambert "Only Prettier" as my status more than once, but I'm a nice person....so I didn't.

And all this is fine and dandy.....but does absolutely NOTHING to make my work environment any easier or more enjoyable.  So today, I went to work determined to say I was no longer going to work evenings while she was there.  I figure all these actions stem from her insecurity with me and maybe if I am out of sight, I will in turn be out of (her) mind (....and mouth).  My bosses were super understandable about all of this.  They assured me that she and he will both be addressed and that if anything else happened, she would lose her membership and he would lose his job.  Good, right??  Ehhh, yeah, kinda....  But then it puts me in that same position that kids who are bullied at school face when their mom comes to school to "take care of it."  I feel like I am more than capable of taking this matter in my own hands.  But the outcome of that would probably just be her getting pissed and I would end up losing my job.  So now I am spending the rest of my day on "paid time off," while management deals with the issue at hand.  Let's just say that I don't think it is going to be any easier, not to mention any more fun, for me to go to work the next few days, and I'm not looking forward to it, one bit.  Geeeeeez!  Is this ever going to be over!?  I am definitely at a breaking point and not sure how much longer I can put up with this.

So, I left work, bought a bottle of wine, and called in the troops.  I am so tired of all of this.  We broke up a year ago!  Can't we all just move on?!  

Please just pray for me that this is all over soon and I will find another job and can just get out of here and leave this all behind me....finally...

"Even on my weakest days...I get a little bit stronger."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Whitney. Silence is golden, it really is. Remember to be quick to listen and slow to speak. I love you, Mom.

Parrotlyn said...

Well I have to say I am really proud of you too and I have faith in the Management at your job to do the right thing, and hopefully handle this with as much class as you are. I don't like you having to come to work with a sick feeling in your stomach either. I use to come to your place of work to take care of myself and feel good about myself and now I'm starting to really not feel that way! Keep taking the high road and I'm definately praying that you find something else soon!
Jamie