Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Savvy Trip

Sorry I have been MIA for a bit!  I took a little mini vacay with some girlfriends this weekend.  We went to Savvanah (which will be referred to as "Savvy" from now on) to visit some of our Kentucky friends that moved there.  A good time was had by all.  Maybe a little too good of a time?? Maybe?

We left Lex on Friday afternoon so we didn't get to Savvy until late Friday night.  We were exhausted so we went straight to bed.  We had a big day ahead of us and needed lots of rest to prepare.  We got up early Sat morning and got our bathing suits, sunscreen and cocktails ready and headed to the marina.  We took a short boat ride over to Wassaw Island and partied on the beach the rest of the day.  After a few bottles of skinny girl margaritas, a bottle of sweet tea vodka and a few bud light limes we decided to head back to land while we were still alive.  At this point we had shotgunned bud light lime and I had drunk dialed my brother.  It was clearly time to go.  As Miranda put it, "neither of those are decisions you make sober."

We showered and headed straight to downtown Savvy, ate some din din and made our way to the nearest bar.  Needless to say, us old folk seemed to think we were on spring break or something.  This wild and crazy spring break only lasted one day tho, thank God (and three days later, I am still recovering....I'm old).  Sunday was a lazy day.  Went to brunch downtown and spent the rest of the day at the pool.

We woke up super early Monday to make the trip back.  Road trips with your girls are pretty good times.  And this is saying a lot for me.  I come from a long line of flyers!  My friends still laugh about my mom saying, "Whitney, people don't drive to Nashville."   (I was being sent there for work and my mom was appalled by the fact that they were expecting me to drive there)  But it was fun just being in the car with my girlfriends, listening to good music and talking. 

Now, I am back in Lex.  Back to work and looking for a job.  I need another trip to look forward to soon!!

I didn't do a very good job of taking pics this weekend, so these are the few I have....


On the dock where we watched the dolphins play...


at the bar after a long day of drinky drinky, clearly

with Bobo on the beach

at the marina where they keep their boat

Wassaw Island with all the boats


1 comment:

Taryn said...

Still mourning the fact that I couldn't come...glad you all had a blast though....no more girls trips without me!!!!