Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday T-Lo!!

So today is one of my bestest frayynds day of birth!  Cue the birthday festivites!  (Except we are old so we will be saving said festivities for this weekend, not so much the Wednesday party-ers anymore).  This post will be devoted to the one and only Taryn :)

My favortie Taryn memories....haha  this could get pretty awesome, just sayin.

1)The time she flipped out of her lounge chair at the Raquet Club pool. 
For those that don't know...on any given summer day the RC pool is like a mini spring break.  Full to the max with fellow college kids getting their tan and swim on.  Well, it was just this crowded the day Taryn slid a little too far back in her lounge chair and flipped it up in front of her.  Being the great friends we are, I'm pretty sure Miranda and I were laughing way too hard to offer any assistance.

2) On SB '06 (always refered to as S.....B....Oh....Six) - the bath tub incident.
After a long day of sun-bathing and dancing at the Ft.Laudy clubs.....okay, okay and maybe a few too many adult beverages we had all made it back to the hotel and hit the hay.  At some point, shortly after, Taryn makes her way in to the bathroom and in to the tub.  The details are a little fuzzy at this point.  Give me a break, its been 5 years.  But fast forward to Taryn being found in about two inches of ice cold bath water at about 4am, surrounded by at least 20 bottles of shampoo, body wash, face wash, razors, etc (we had 5 girls in one bathroom) all floating around her.  When asked why she was in the bathtub she responds, in quite the accusatory tone, like one of us had put her there, "I don't know, but I'm effing cold!"

3)Other SB 06 stories that cannot be shared....Dave Barnes... publix and H creme... after shocks of a nice dinner out... mad women wantin to bong Coors light.... dancing on speakers....  "soft hands"... and oh so many more :)

4)  "I hate him!  He makes me so....weird!"  One of many reasons T-Lo deserves a "way to be there" award. Talking me off of many a (psysho-stalker-sappy-drunk) cliff!

5) When she searched endlessly for my cat Snapper after our other roomates stupid boyfriend let him out and didn't even care.  I was in California and freaking out.  Obviously another "way to be there" award.

6) Boston.  Wicked Re-Tah-ded.   Broootal.   Dye-pah Pah-ty.

7) "Whats the point? Everywhere you go has valet."  Favorite Keeneland memory...trying to valet park so we didn't have to walk far in heels.  Who knew valet at Keeneland was only for club members??  But there are lots more fun Keeneland memories.  A lot of which have to do with our drunken visits to Miranda (being a professional ER nurse in the First Aid station, where people have real problems) to ask for band aids for our high-heel blisters, or just shoot the shit about all the goings-on of our day at the track.

8)And what would I do without Taryn to teach me how to text message.  (Censored to protect the innocent, and because my mom reads this)

9)  Bathroom photo shoots.  This was okay when we were 21, (well maybe not even then) but we do it now just for old times sake.  Always a fun time.

10) and all the others.......Gambinos, 4th Street, "pull your g-string down south, oww", married men and cleavage shots, meow nights, scent shopping buddy (no small feat, trust me, I'm picky), fashion provider and mentor, many a pool day, camping, houseboats, bachelorette party scrap book making, bar wing man......the list goes on and on....

I love, love, love ya Taryn.  Thanks for being such a great friend. You are always there (and carrying a bottle of wine) when I need you!  I couldn't have made it through the last year without you (and Miranda too!) and you will never know what that means to me.  Thank you for making me go out when I don't want to, and for knowing when to make me go home, when I don't want to (another memory - NYE 2011), for always making me laugh with your inappropriate-ness, talking me through all my "he makes me weird" moments, being a private investigator (nice term for stalker) with me, and more than anything....

Thanks for being you!  Happy Birthday!  Let's go make some more funny memories :)

1 comment:

Taryn said...

This is awesome and made me a little teary-eyed! So thankful to have an amazing friend like you to help make my birthday wonderful! Here's to more crazy shenanigans in our old age and many birthdays to come! Love you, love you, love you!